We are looking for a senior mobile app developer to lead the design, development and maintenance of Android and iPhone apps. The developer will lead the entire app lifecycle right from concept stage until delivery and post launch support. Apps will be mainly content based and integrated closely with the web sites. In addition to delivering the product the successful candidate will be heavily involved in driving the mobile strategy globally.
Working relationships (internal/external):
- Product Development Managers – Internal Customer, working with the Brand Product Development teams to develop ideas concepts and solutions that help the brand meet their objectives.
- Developers – working very closely with the global development/ engineering teams responsible for the web sites
- Project Managers – working very closely with project managers effectively working across multiple projects and delivering to deadlines
Position Type: Full-Time
Educational Qualifications: B.Tech/B.Sc/MCA/Relevant Degree in Computer Science.
Experience: 3+ years of hands-on experience in React Native (IOS & Android is a plus)
Reports to: Development Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Hands-on experience with designing and building medium to large-scale enterprise systems
- Develop and maintain high quality mobile applications for both platforms as Android and iOS.
- Thorough understanding of React Native and its core Principles.
- Hands on experience on React Native Framework at least 3 years.
- Good Knowledge of HTML5, CSS.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (Such as Git, SVN or Mercurial)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
- Integrate third-party API’s.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Web pack, NPM etc.
- An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to follow them
- Ability to work through new and difficult React Native issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
- Work with native modules when required.
- Experience with Native Mobile app deployment on App store and google play store.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and ship new features.
- Implement new technologies to maximize application adoption.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Ability to work within a team that has other developers, designers and testers.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Complete weekly sprints and participate in sprint retrospective and daily standups.
- Result oriented and task-driven and taking complete ownership of the deliverables.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Proven commercial software development experience – desktop and mobile
- Published examples of mobile applications on the App store or the Android market
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape
- Ability to multi task and good time management skills
- Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills
- Excellent testing/ QA skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments locally and internationally
Notice Period- 30-45 days
Work Format: Work from Home / Office (When Office operations resume)
Compensation: Commensurate to industry standards and based on skill level