Graphics Manager Job Description – Title Variations
Depending on your industry and geography, you may not have the title Graphic Designer / Manager but will have similar responsibilities to those outlined below. Common job title variations include: Proposal Designer / Illustrator; Desktop Publishing Specialist.
Creation of high impact graphics and proposal images that contribute towards producing a winning proposal. The Graphic Designer / DTP Specialist will work as an integral part of the bid / proposal team to ensure all customer facing documentation / media is of the highest visual impact.
Production of proposal graphics for use both in electronic and hard copy materials. The ability to work with subject matter experts (SME) to turn written, numerical, and existing content into compelling graphical representations.
Confident working with a range of software and design tools to create graphical output that can be incorporated in tender documents and accompanying materials such as CDs, brochures, document wallets, delivery cartons, websites, and other media as specified / required by the client.
- To support the bid and proposal team in the production of customer facing documentation that is consistently of the highest quality and impact
- Develop proposal graphics that have impact and are easy to interpret
- To ensure compliance with required proposal deliverables
- To create and manage a range of document and presentation templates
- Precisely control and interpret information flow between team members
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment without compromising artistic creativity
- Strong attention to detail.
In a large corporate / multinational, the Graphic Designer will be part of a larger team that has defined roles and responsibilities. Typically, the role will report in to the Proposal / Bid Manager.
In a small-medium sized enterprise, the Graphic Designer is not normally a full-time role. Should the standalone Bid / Proposal Manager not have the required skills, contract resource is often brought in to help on a deal-by-deal basis. Typically, the role will report in to a Bid / Proposal Manager.
Degree in Creative / Artistic Discipline. Desktop publishing software skills such as Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Corel and Microsoft Office.